Research objectives supported by NIOSH include, but are not limited to, the following:
- identification and investigation of the relationships between hazardous working conditions and associated occupational diseases and injuries;
- development of more sensitive means of evaluating hazards at work sites;
- development of methods for measuring early markers of adverse health effects and injuries;
- development of new protective equipment and engineering control technology to reduce work-related illnesses and injuries;
- development of work practices that reduce the risks of occupational hazards; and
- evaluation of the technical feasibility or application of a new or improved occupational safety and health procedure, method, technique, or system, including assessment of economic and other factors that influence their diffusion and successful adoption in workplaces.
The research must apply to workers and occupational safety and health. As an example, this program has supported research on Coccidioidomycosis and farm workers. You may contact Maria Lioce ([email protected])at the CDC to determine if your project is responsive.
Diagnosis – research resources